Buying a mattress is not an easy task. Start your research by asking yourself:
- Is your bed the right size?
- Do you wake up several times because of mattress discomfort?
- Is there a problem with your mattress these days?
- Write down the positive and negative points of your current mattress.
In Brazil, there is a great variety of mattress stores, each with its own benefits. Make sure you have sympathized with the sales team and that the features of the store meet your expectations. Plan visits to the stores with enough time so that your schedule doesn't get in the way of your choice. Take your partner along, after all, you must choose together to increase the chances of success at the time of purchase. Lie down for 15 minutes on the model that you consider to be closest to your liking.
What kind of mattress are you looking for? The main objective is to find the best raw material for your biotype: latex, viscoelastic stuffing or springs. We suggest first that you define which degree of comfort you prefer: firm or soft to define the ideal raw material.
Don't be afraid to spend. You will spend 8 hours a night on your mattress. It is important that you invest in an item that offers comfort and support because there is nothing worse than starting the day with a back pain.
See exclusive tips to keep your mattress preserved for much longer
- If your mattress is a spring mattress, do not bend and do not let the children jump on it. These things can damage it.
- The matelassé fabric tends to suffer a natural accommodation of the body due to its heat and weight. In order to make the accommodation homogeneous, the ideal is to turn the mattress from one side to the other and from the top to the bottom every 15 days.
- For mattresses of 1.38 m or more it is recommended to use the whole area including the center and not only the sides. In this way, the natural accommodation of the body will be done equally.
- For One Side models, turn the mattress from the top to the bottom every 15 days
If you have a mattress and box bed set and it has more than 5 years of use, you must change the box bed too and not only the mattress. If you decide to keep your old box bed, make sure you do not lose the mattress warranty.
First, check the care label and see if it can be washed. Some latex pillows are made with a hypoallergenic latex, which prevents the occurrence of bacteria and mites inside, which means that it is not necessary to wash. For the latex pillows that can be washed, it is more advisable to do it by hand, unless the care label specifies the use of the washing machine.